Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Why write a book.

“He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8

Throughout life, you are fortunate if you come in contact with a person who lives exceptionally and sets an inspiring example for others to follow. The reason I am taking the time to write this journal is because I had the incredible opportunity to know a person who lived exceptionally and set a wonderful example for me. Justin Sullivan lived an exceptional life and set an incredible example for other people everyone around him.

Justin graduated third in his class at Yukon High School, where he was not only an honor student, but also an honor athlete. Justin had a strong desire to bring glory to the Lord in every aspect of his life. He was named Baseball Player of the Year for the State of Oklahoma on June 2, 2002, and then was tragically killed in a random car accident the following day on his way home from work when the back wheels of a semi-tractor trailor broke off, crossed the median and struck his vehicle. Even though his life was short, Justin taught people what it meant to walk with God. The truth is that he lived a life worth following, and his legacy will carry on for generations to come. His example in life, his impact on people and his personal discipline together created a life that truly made a difference for those fortunate enough to cross his path. This is why his story must be told and told in a way that points others toward God. I would like to ask you to pray that God uses this journal to bring people to Christ and to lead Christ followers to live out the Micah 6:8 challenge.

4 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that happening. I am glad you are sharing.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger Jolie Britt said...

It was good eating dinner with you last night. I'm glad that I have gotten to have you for a youth minister my whole life. Thanks for doing this book. While I didn't know him personally, Justin had a huge impact on my life, and I can't say that I would be who I am today without that season of my life. I love you Chris Wall! Have a great weekend!

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris you may not remember me but i am Zack's son. I am so happy you are doing this! The book will help my family but more importantly lead others to Christ!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Chris Wall said...

Britton,

Hey bro, I totally know who you are. Thanks so much for your words. I love your family buddy and I also believe that people will come to Christ because of Justin's life. I am praying that God will use this to help other people understand about Jesus.

I appreciate you bro, and I will see you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Kennedy Western University Online