Sunday, September 03, 2006

A Life Worth Following

40 Journal Excerpts from Justin Sullivan

Be open to all advice. There is always room for improvement. The greatest obstacle for growth is not ignorance, it is knowledge. Don’t think you know it all. Be teachable. Potential is limitless to the teachable. Quit being a know-it-all. Justin Sullivan 2/02/02

A new Justin begins tonight. Sinful lust costs us God’s favor. I am in God’s presence right now. Don’t quit on Him! He did not quit on me. Justin Sullivan 2/25/02

Bad day today. God is testing me. Let God decide on what road to take. Start to act like an adult by surrendering faith in God. This will make the insignificant annoyances become what they really are: insignificant. Justin Sullivan 1/22/02

What can I do to be a light in a time of darkness? Seek my strength in Christ. No longer hanging on to things that keep me from God. Justin Sullivan 1/21/02

God has a plan for my life and will work in the most mysterious of ways. In order to think the way God thinks, we must get to know Him better. Justin Sullivan 1/30/02

Be a person of careful words because words tell more than just their meaning. Be of few words. Think before speaking. Justin Sullivan 2/11/02

Be humble, not full of pride Justin Sullivan 3/6/02


Go to God no matter how big or how small the tremors in our lives are. God definitely wants to hear your prayers in detail because by doing this, you are better able to know your own needs. Anything can happen when you have faith in God. Justin Sullivan 3/24/02

Be a person of integrity! Do not make excuses! Do not whine! Be honest! Do what is right! Be able to rule myself before trying to lead others. Admit when I am wrong. Justin Sullivan 2/15/02

God’s heart is for the helpless. Ours should be as well. Who we are depends on the choices we make. Treat everyone with kindness, especially the less fortunate. Go out of my way to help others today. Justin Sullivan 3/10/02

In life, if one has an attitude of service and is willing to work hard to produce quality work, they will stand out above all else. Give your best even when no one is looking because God is looking. Be unselfish. Justin Sullivan 2/6/02

Unyieldingly strive to answer God’s call on my life. Maturity comes from striving to know the Lord. Accept responsibility. In order to accomplish a worthwhile goal, work hard to achieve it. God is in it for the long haul with me. Am I? Justin Sullivan 1/26/02

God is always in control. God has a new job for us daily. Follow God and He will lead you to things we could never have imagined. Do what is required by God. Am I willing to trust God in every situation? Justin Sullivan 1/29/02

Don’t use excuses to turn away God’s call. God wants us to be courageous and take risks for He is with us the whole way. Great opportunities usually lie within seemingly impossible situations. God will decide what we can handle. Justin Sullivan 1/31/02

Being unforgiving hinders our ability to receive forgiveness. Fix your eyes and attention on God to fix our problems. So you can accomplish other things. Forgive completely, even forgive yourself. Always forgive. Justin Sullivan 1/27/02

Have compassion, it’s the quickest way to God’s heart and it grows like a wildfire. Soon, you give more and more. Make others feel wanted. Showing compassion for someone who can’t pay me back is a pure act of worship. Do that today. Justin Sullivan 2/19/02

It is fine to have fears even if the Lord has told us to do something. He understands. We must continue to have faith. Faith and doubt come hand in hand. Learn to master doubt and this will strengthen my commitment as a Christian. Justin Sullivan 2/10/02

Follow God wholeheartedly. Do everything wholeheartedly. My granddad is still modeling an enthusiastic Christian lifestyle into his older years. He inspires me to great things. Maybe I can inspire him to keep on. Seek out people like this. Justin Sullivan 2/7/02

I pray that I can be a light to others. Justin Sullivan 4/7/02

Don’t assume someone else will lead the lost to spiritual safety. Do it myself. Justin Sullivan 2/27/02

You can feel absolute freedom in God's presence. Prayer never becomes an annoyance to God. God will answer. Pray for others. Quit thinking so much about me, think of others around me. Justin Sullivan 1/23/02

Do things without expecting something in return. Look to others for help. 4/14/02

Be kind to everyone at all times. Justin Sullivan 2/13/02

Turning to God doesn’t mean turning your back on pleasure. God loves purity. Purity is good. Purity is gooooood. Never be ashamed of being pure. To be pure, you must know what you will do before temptation comes. Justin Sullivan 1/28/02

Seek to do everything with God. Stay dependent. God is the source of all our needs. Our relationships and careers are tools to meet those needs. Do not be afraid to wait. Requests: Parents, Marty, Healthy season, Liz, Spiritual strength/growth. Justin Sullivan 2/03/02

Place your trust in God because when in change, He will place unpredictable blessing. Security is found in God’s promises. Temptation comes to every individual who’s entrusted with responsibility. Can I handle it? Justin Sullivan 2/9/02

There are consequences to sin. Don’t see more in ourselves than there really is. Don’t think we can make it without God. Prayer requests: Touch a lost soul on my team. Justin Sullivan 2/12/02

Set my sights on Jesus during life’s storms. Ask for a discerning heart. Seek more than knowledge, seek wisdom as well. Justin Sullivan 2/24/02

Give to the Lord. Give to people. Justin Sullivan 2/23/02

Stay faithful to God. This will help you be faithful to everything else. Keep your eyes turned to God. Be able to look back to have no regrets. Justin Sullivan 2/14/02

Stand firm! Have faith! Be Cheerful! Wait patiently for God and He will give you the directions and tell you which way to go. Courage doesn’t come easily. Justin Sullivan 2/1/02

Without God, nothing lasts or succeeds. Pray for others as well as Godly change in my life. Requests: Dad, Walker, Emily, Marty, Parents, Healthy season, Sydni, Liz and Jen’s tryouts, Jamie, Mom’s happiness. Justin Sullivan 2/5/02

Don’t seek the spotlight but if God wants you noticed, don’t say no. Justin Sullivan 3/22/02

Standing for God and integrity may be costly in the short run, but it is prosperous in the long run. Justin Sullivan 3/15/02


God’s goodness is spurred not by our worthiness, but by His nature. Be in the world but not of the world. Guard the perimeter of my life with Christian friends. Serve and love everyone. Friends = Character. Justin Sullivan 2/26/02

In life, don’t avoid a problem cause the price goes up when you do. Tell the truth every time. Pray long and hard for God’s guidance especially in serious matters. Today, it’s Easter. Thanks for sending your Son to die and be resurrected for our sins. Justin Sullivan 3/31/02

What are my ways of showing Christ’s love to others? Thinking of how to serve God and others is time well spent. Purest joy can come from a simple act of serving. God doesn’t regard a deeds greatness by magnitude, but the love by which it is done. Justin Sullivan 3/28/02

Pray more!! Spend less time worrying about how I will fix something and spend more time allowing God to take charge. The more I go to God the more effective I will become. Justin Sullivan 1/25/02

Go to God in prayer because Jesus did. Be a friend that really means it. Be truthful. Don’t gossip. Be a friend of encouragement. Encouragement is not just words, it’s a lifestyle. God, help me be glad for other’s successes. Justin Sullivan 4/6/02

Christians live in two worlds: The world we can see and the world we can’t. View life with spiritual eyesight. Spend my life learning how to be quiet and to listen to God’s spirit. Growth will take place by mistakes through prayer. I can do this. Justin Sullivan 3/5/02

Go to God with all my troubles no matter how big or how small. Pray and believe that God will do what He says. He will. Justin Sullivan 3/7/02

Be there for others during tough times. Just my presence may help them. God is always there for us. In times of trial, God will clear a way for us. Justin Sullivan 3/12/02

God has more in mind when he allows difficult situations to come into my life. It may give you pull for the lost around me. Have unwavering faith in God. Go to God in all things. Justin Sullivan 1/24/02

Repentance is very hard. It is much more difficult than confession. Spend your entire life repenting when you slip up. Every time I slip, God helps me back up. Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps. 51:10. Justin Sullivan 2/20/02

There will come a day when we will all see God face to face. This is when we will understand things fully. When God’s asks me to believe something that’s beyond belief, I decide if I will trust my five senses or have enough sense to believe in Him. Justin Sullivan 3/19/02

Be thankful that life is not fair because if it were fair, we would not receive Christ’s forgiveness. Find satisfaction in what God has allowed us to do. Don’t dwell on what we have not done. Justin Sullivan 2/21/02

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Kennedy Western University Online